The Real-World Guide to Emotional Intelligence
In this age of social media attacks, constant distraction, and rampant corruption, a high emotional intelligence quotient, or EQ, is more important than ever. Justin Bariso brings the concept of emotional intelligence up to date and into the real world, combining scientific research with high-profile examples and personal stories.
For example, in EQ Applied you’ll:
- examine one of the most famous business stories of all time—Steve Jobs’s exit and return to Apple—from a completely different angle… and reveal a major lesson in the process.
- learn how to control your emotional reactions—and see how a modern day “miracle” brought this ability to life.
- learn how to break bad habits and escape “emotional hijacks.”
- see the power of emotional influence in action—illustrated through powerful stories from the FBI’s former lead kidnap investigator, a famous singer, and many others.
- discover how emotional intelligence can be used for evil—and how you can protect yourself.
Learn how to make emotions work for you, instead of against you. That’s EQ Applied.
“EQ Applied is well researched, full of interesting stories, and a joy to read. It’s a great asset to companies looking to gain insights into leadership and management and improve their corporate culture as a whole.”
“What is emotional intelligence, really? In EQ Applied, Justin Bariso answers that question completely. With a fresh perspective, he shows us a different side to emotional intelligence—and then teaches readers how to grow their own, step by step. This is a must read.”
“A captivating read that takes much of what we’ve learned about emotional behavior and shows you how to put those lessons to work.”
“With its perfect balance of solid research, simple explanation, and compelling storytelling, EQ Applied is the new go-to book for developing emotional intelligence. Whether you’re a CEO, a middle-manager, an entry-level employee, or anywhere in between, you’ll benefit greatly from reading this book.”
“EQ Applied is a remarkable book that is full of practical wisdom. Whether this is the first book you read on emotional intelligence or your fifth, you’ll discover new, actionable insights you can begin applying today.”
“EQ Applied is the ultimate guide to emotional intelligence—a useful and thought-provoking guide to becoming a better leader… and a better person.”
$22.95 CAD • $16.95 USD
Published May 17, 2018
Paperback, ebook, audio,
Distributed online only