A Spark in the Dark
Illuminating Your Path to a Brilliant Career in a Reorg World
Welcome to the reorg world.
The era of lifelong jobs is over. It’s no longer the norm—or even a possibility—to dedicate your entire career to a single employer. Now, the only thing that’s consistent is a state of flux. So how do you build a rewarding and meaningful career in an ever-changing landscape?
In this illuminating guide to career-building for the twenty-first century, career expert Amy Davies explains how to navigate and thrive in today’s fickle corporate reorganization culture. Through practical insights and skill-developing exercises, you’ll gain the knowledge and tools necessary to thrive in this new reorg world, including:
- how to map this new reorg world
- what to do in the event you are laid off
- the notion of a job vs. a career
- the concept of imprinting and how you can make a good first impression
- which soft skills matter most: your communication and presentation skills
- the “ILLUMINATE” process, a method for uncovering your purpose, who you are, and what you want to convey to the world
- how to network with ease
- common career barriers, and practical and effective strategies to overcome them
- how to unlock your career potential, enabling your star to rise
- how to set your intention on your North Star and navigate toward it
Managing a career today can be overwhelming. This book is your spark, but what will fuel the flame is within you.
“Amy’s stories are so human and relatable. She has written a practical guide on what to do and how to do it, which is especially helpful in navigating this reorg world. This book should be on every employee’s reading list, regardless of where they are in their career.”
“Amy Davies’s A Spark in the Dark is an engaging resource full of practical information. A must-read for anyone trying to build and nurture a meaningful career in today’s ever-changing world.”
“Communicating how to optimize your soft skills in the workplace isn’t an easy task, but A Spark in the Dark illuminates all the essential dos and don’ts to help anyone—at any level—‘up their game’ in the corporate world. With compelling anecdotes and instructions, this book will help you get clarity so you can stand in your value, and also provide you with perspective so you can navigate some of the trickiest professional situations—such as workplace bullying or micro-managers. It’s a must-read for anyone who is committed to staying relevant in the twenty-first-century reorg world. Amy Davies is a luminary who has the skills and expertise to transform professionals’ career outcomes.”
$19.95 CAD • $14.95 USD
Published May 14, 2019