We’re hiring a Production Editor!
Page Two seeks a deadline-driven Production Editor who thrives in an author services environment.
Page Two is an independent publisher specializing in non-fiction books by entrepreneurs, subject matter experts, and organizations. We are eight years old and over those years have grown to a world-class team of seventeen people whose authors include some of the world’s foremost thought leaders. We are a dynamic company with a commitment to excellence in publishing and author services, and a passion for innovation. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we believe in the transformative power of books.
We are seeking a full-time Production Editor to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communications skills. You will work collaboratively with a highly engaged team, while having a high degree of autonomy in your own work. You will understand the intricacies of a production schedule and be willing to problem solve with the printer, client, and other members of the team. You will have a keen editorial eye and be supportive of freelancers and the creative process.
- Copyediting manuscripts, cover copy, catalogues, and other sales/marketing collateral
- Reviewing, tagging, and inputting manuscripts for typesetting and design
- Proofreading books
- Checking printer’s proofs (bluelines)
- Proofreading ebooks
- Copyediting and line editing scripts for audiobooks
- Copyediting and proofreading revisions to reprints
- Updating internal editorial documents and databases
- Assisting the team with production of sales and marketing collateral, such as special editions or promotional material
- Copyediting blurbs and preparing praise pages
- Clearing text and image permissions
- Hiring freelancers and overseeing editorial questions
- Copyediting author announcements and other blog posts
- Selecting text for audiograms, social media posts, and advertisements
- Selecting, copyediting, and posting book reviews to online listings
- Coordinating with printers, including acquiring and updating printing quotes, and securing design templates
- Editorial experience, specifically book editing and digital markup, required.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style required.
- University degree or diploma preferred.
- In-house experience in book or magazine publishing preferred.
This is a full-time position. Our office is based in Vancouver but we offer a hybrid work-from-home and in-office environment, so remote workers are welcome. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 13, 2021.
Page Two is committed to publishing diverse voices and to creating a diverse workplace environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are inclusive in our approach to working and hiring. You can read more about us at www.pagetwo.com.