Page Two is hiring a sales administrator
Page Two is an independent publisher specializing in non-fiction books by entrepreneurs, subject matter experts, and organizations. We are eight years old and over those years have grown to a world-class team of twenty people whose authors include some of the world’s foremost thought leaders. We are a dynamic company with a commitment to excellence in publishing and author services, and a passion for innovation. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we believe in the transformative power of books.
We are seeking a full-time sales administrator to manage our data and sales and inventory needs.
You will play a key role in managing our metadata, coordinating materials with our sales and distribution partners, processing book sales, and monitoring our inventory levels. You will have excellent organizational and prioritization skills, strong written and verbal communications skills, and take pride in accuracy in your work. You will work collaboratively with a highly engaged team and a highly invested client portfolio. You will be scrupulous with details and follow-through.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and updating the metadata for our books, including uploading metadata to retailers, partners, and distributors
- Overseeing seasonal metadata deadlines and ensuring they are met
- Auditing and troubleshooting data as well as overseeing the quality control of our metadata
- Working closely with Page Two authors and the end purchaser to process direct sales, including overseeing shipments and issuing invoices and monitoring the shipments and payments to ensure timely completion
- Creating biweekly inventory reports for internal review, and conducting an annual audit of excess inventory in our warehouses
- Coordinating assets such as catalogues, headshots, videos, reading material, and covers for our sales and distribution partners, and managing communication with them about data and these assets
- Developing sales reports for authors and the Page Two team from Bookscan, BookNet, and other industry databases
- Generating purchase orders and inbound shipping notifications
- Acting as the liaison between Page Two authors and our translation partner, including requesting and tracking agreements, offers, and marketing updates
- Outstanding Excel experience
- Experience with data processing and systems administration
- Ability to think logically and sequentially
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent at balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines, and managing your own deadlines
- Working well in a team environment
- Familiarity with book publishing an asset
This is a full-time position. Our office is based in Vancouver but we offer a hybrid work-from-home and in-office environment, so remote Canadian workers are welcome. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 11, 2022.
Page Two is committed to publishing diverse voices and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are inclusive in our approach to working and hiring. We encourage candidates to self-identify in their application, as we will take that information into consideration in our hiring process. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.